The HSCP Education and Development Advisory Group acknowledge a range of benefits obtained from engaging in CPD activities. These include but are not limited to the following;
Benefits to the client:
· The client receives a high quality, best practice -based service
· Increased confidence in the healthcare service.
Benefits to the Professional
· Improves confidence in delivery of professional service.
· Reduces the probability of adverse incidents in clinical practice
· Promotes and maintains competence to practice
· Improves satisfaction with work role
· Promotes lifelong learning
· Provides structure and support for the health professional and for his or her valued goals
· It enhances career opportunities.
Benefits to the organisation:
· Contributes to meeting the increasing demand for accountability, flexibility and a skilled and competent workforce.
· Reduces the probability of adverse incidents occurring in service provision
· Improves inter-professional working
· Meets organisational objectives.
· Improves staff motivation and morale.
· Contributes to Quality Assurance.
Benefits to the profession:
· Enhances the status of profession
· Promotes research and evidence based practice increasing professional recognition.
· Provide stakeholders with evidence of the professions commitment to a high quality service.